Algae is used as often in Asian cuisine as greens are in European cuisine. It is an integral part of the cuisine of peoples living on the coast of the seas and oceans. They influence the taste, aroma and texture of dishes, adding exotic sea notes to them. We offer kelp and dry nori seaweed for sushi and other dishes.
What is dried edible seaweed used for?
Nori has a subtle sweet-and-salty flavor and a paper-like texture. These algae are often used in cooking:
- usually nori sheets are used for sushi – they help keep the shape and decorate the dish;
- nori is cut into thin strips or given a more original shape and decorated them salad or appetizer;
- eThis algae goes well in salads and appetizers with a variety of products – cucumbers, avocados, boiled rice, sesame seeds, mushrooms;
- they can be used as healthy snacks. Sushi sheets are eaten raw or dried in the oven, sprinkled with sesame oil and sprinkled with herbs;
- nori is used to make soup-like broth. They are added to soups and used instead of noodles;
- Dry leaf crumbs can be added to salads, sandwich fillings and pita bread. It is used as a seasoning for hot dishes.
Seaweed has a pronounced “marine” taste and contains glutamate, a harmless natural substance that gives dishes an umami taste. It is used in the following ways:
- Glutamate reduces salt intake, so kelp is often added to unsalted side dishes;
- seaweed goes well with various spices and sauces. On its basis, you can make various salads with the addition of vegetables, tree mushrooms, cheeses and other ingredients;
- Kelp stewed with vegetables makes an excellent side dish for pork, beef or chicken. It is often added to dishes with legumes so that they are better absorbed;
- This seaweed is part of one of the main broths of Japanese cuisine – dashi. They are also added to various soups made from chicken, pork, fish and seafood;
- it makes minced fish meat more juicy and emphasizes the marine taste of the dish;
- occasionally seaweed is used for sushi, especially their Korean variety, gimbap;
- due to the high content of pectin, kelp is added to desserts – marshmallows, marmalade and</ span> jam. It is also used to make bread, pancakes, pies and even caramel.
Benefits of nori sheets for sushi and kelp from Katana
- We only work with trusted raw material suppliers.
- We care about the quality of our products so that you get the maximum benefit and taste from them.
Use dry edible seaweed for sushi, side dishes, hot dishes and create an oriental atmosphere for yourself and your loved ones! We are always ready to provide you with Katana nori seaweed and other ingredients for Asian dishes.