Seafood soba is a popular Asian dish. Hearty noodles with a nutty taste go well with light seafood. Buckwheat noodles with mussels, scallops, shrimp, squid and octopus look very unusual, and bright vegetables make the dish even tastier and more appetizing. So, let’s start cooking!
The ingredients for buckwheat noodles with seafood
The seafood soba recipe includes quite a lot of ingredients, so make sure you have all of them in your fridge. For two portions we will need:
- 60 g — Katana buckwheat noodles;
- 30 g — sweet pepper;
- 30 g — mushrooms;
- 20 g — stalk of celery;
- 80 g — fresh-frozen seafood mix;
- 40 g — blue onion;
- 4 g — garlic;
- 4 g — ginger root;
- 5 g — dried black wood muer mushroom;
- 40 ml — Katana teriyaki sauce;
- Oil for frying.
The stages of preparation
The recipe for buckwheat noodles with seafood is not too complicated, but it still has its own nuances of preparation. But don’t worry — we will be happy to share them with you! The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- Let’s prepare muer mushrooms: pour boiling water over them and let them soak for ten minutes, then wash and cut them into strips.
- Prepare the noodles according to the recommendations on the package. After that, rinse with cold water and grease with oil.
- Let’s prepare seafood: defrost it, then fry it in a pan greased with oil until golden brown. Try to take the sea cocktail out of the freezer no earlier than half an hour before cooking — at room temperature, the product spoils quickly.
- Cut the onion, pepper, celery and champignons into strips, add them to the pan.
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic, add them to the pan and continue to fry, stirring, over medium heat for about a minute.
- Then put boiled noodles in a pan, season with teriyaki sauce. Simmer for another minute.
- Now all that remains is to divide the noodles into two portions and serve them to the table. We recommend decorating it with greens, for example, parsley or cilantro — this way the dish will become even more bright and fragrant.
How to choose a seafood mix:
Before preparing buckwheat noodles with seafood, you need to choose the ingredients for the filling. You can buy your favorite seafood separately or buy a ready-made seafood cocktail. It is very important to approach its choice responsibly so that the dish turns out to be as tasty and useful as possible. Here are some effective tips from our practice:
- When choosing, focus on the country in which the cocktail was made: in Europe, quality control is higher than in Asia.
- Choose a pack without ice crystals, otherwise, you will get a frozen product. If the packaging is transparent, you will see them immediately, if not, crush the package with your fingers, they are easy to feel.
- Check whether the products have not stuck together in one solid piece — this indicates that it has been repeatedly frozen.
- Pay attention to the composition — often unscrupulous manufacturers use a large number of relatively cheap products, while different seafood should be present in approximately equal proportions.
We are sure that now the list of your favorite dishes has been filled with another one — buckwheat noodles with seafood. Be sure to cook it and treat your loved ones!