The food of Japanese cuisine has long ceased to be exotic for us — today you can pamper yourself with new recipes every day and enjoy delicious food, all you need is a little skill and free time. One of such dishes is California sushi with smoked eel, the secrets of which we want to share with you today.
Raw eel is smoked with the addition of a sweet sauce, thanks to which its meat acquires a sweet taste with a slight bitterness. The delicate texture of the eel in rolls will be beautifully emphasized by the buttery avocado, and the crunchy sesame and refreshing cucumber will create an interesting contrast! Do not forget about the special unagi sauce — it will help to reveal the taste of the rolls to the maximum.
The ingredients for California rolls with smoked eel in sesame
With our help, you will be able to prepare the most delicious sushi! To prepare California rolls with eel, for one portion (222 g) you will need:
The stages of cooking California sushi with smoked eel in sesame
Now we will tell you how to create an exquisite masterpiece at home in just 50 minutes. The recipe for California rolls with eel is quite simple, the main thing is to follow our instructions and you will succeed!
- Cut off half of a sheet of seaweed, laying it on a bamboo mat with the rough side up.
- Put the seasoned rice on the seaweed in a dense, even layer, leaving only the top edge free (1.5 cm is enough).
- Now we turn the workpiece so that the rice is on the bottom, and the free edge of the seaweed is closer to you. In the center along the entire width, add fish and vegetables cut into strips and pour mayonnaise over everything.
- Twist the mat into a roll, carefully holding the filling with your index fingers.
- We roll the resulting roll in sesame seeds and cut it into eight equal parts with a sharp knife pre-wetted with water. To make the dish look more elegant, we can use a mixture of black and white sesame seeds, and in order to emphasize its nutty taste, lightly fry the seeds in a dry pan.
- We recommend serving ready-made rolls with unagi soy sauce, ginger petals and wasabi.
Now you know how to make rolls with smoked eel. Do not forget to serve them properly — it is best to serve the dish with unagi sauce, ginger and wasabi. All that remains is to implement this recipe in your own kitchen, delighting yourself and your loved ones with a delicious Asian treat!